Submit a army documents request to obtain your DD214 or other armed forces solution documents through the milConnect internet site.
YouвЂ™ll need to register to milConnect to have your army solution documents
To make use of this particular feature, you will need reasonably limited DS Logon account. Your My HealtheVet or ID.me qualifications wonвЂ™t work with the milConnect internet site. Go to milConnect to check in, register, or update your DS Logon account to Premium. Go to milConnect
As soon as IвЂ™ve finalized in to milConnect, just how do I request my DD214 or other records that are military?
Stick to the actions below to submit a military documents request.
- From your signed-in website, mail order wife click or faucet on Correspondence/ Documentation. Then choose Defense Personnel Records Information (DPRIS) through the menu that is drop-down.
- Pick the Personnel File tab.
- Select Request The Personnel File.
- Fill in the shape. Within the Document Index part, check out the boxes beside the s that are document( you would like to demand.
- Simply click or faucet regarding the Create and forward Request switch.
What forms of documents may I request with this specific device?
You can easily request papers from your own official Personnel that is military File see and install.
You are able to request your:
- Report of Separation
- Other launch documents
You could request documents with details about your service, such as for example your:
- Sales and recommendations
- Efficiency reports
- Prizes and designs (commendatory things)
- Skills, licenses, and certificates
- Safety approval
What the results are once I request my records that are military?
YouвЂ™ll receive a contact helping you discover weвЂ™re processing your request. YouвЂ™ll receive a 2nd e-mail when your demand is complete along with your files are set for you really to see and install.
You’ll be able to look at the status of your military documents request by signing in to milConnect and visiting the Personnel File tab inside the protection Personnel Records Information (DPRIS) part. This really is additionally where view that is youвЂ™ll download your files as soon as theyвЂ™re prepared.
Are there any different ways to obtain my army documents?
It is possible to request your records that are military some of these methods:
- Mail or fax a Request Pertaining to Military Records (Standard Form SF 180) to your National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). Download Form SF 180 (PDF)
- Write a page towards the NPRC. Send it to:
1 Archives Drive St. Louis, Missouri 63138
How do I request some body elseвЂ™s armed forces records?
If youвЂ™re a family member planning for a burial for a Veteran in a VA national cemetery
Phone our nationwide Cemetery Scheduling workplace at 800-535-1117. We could help you to get the VeteranвЂ™s DD214 or other discharge papers you might need. Get more info about planning a burial
If youвЂ™re the second of kin of the Veteran that has passed on
You are able to request a duplicate associated with the VeteranвЂ™s army documents in some of these methods:
- Mail or fax a Request Pertaining to Military Records (Standard Form SF 180) towards the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). Download Form SF 180 (PDF)
- Write a letter into the NPRC. Send it to:
1 Archives Drive St. Louis, Missouri 63138
You might be looked at the following of kin if youвЂ™re pertaining to the Veteran in virtually any of the means:
- Surviving spouse who may haven’t remarried, or
- Parent, or
- Son or daughter, or
If youвЂ™re maybe maybe maybe not the VeteranвЂ™s next of kin
In the event that Veteran had been released significantly more than 62 years back, it is possible to purchase a duplicate of the army documents. The nationwide Archives starts all documents towards the general public 62 years after release. Learn how exactly to access archived documents
In the event that Veteran had been released significantly less than 62 years back, you may well be in a position to request restricted information from their Military Personnel File. Find out about basic general public usage of army documents
Information to reconstruct your records
Reconstruct records that are military in NPRC fire
Determine if your documents might have been damaged into the 1973 fire during the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis, Missouri, and exactly how to reconstruct your documents to aid a VA impairment payment claim.
Other documents information
Get the VA medical records online
Put up your health that is personal record and install medical records, reports, and pictures to generally share along with your VA and non-VA health practitioners.
Improve your target on file with VA
Learn how to improve your target as well as other contact information in your VA.gov profile. This can improve your information across many perks and solutions.